Higher Engineering Mathematics (Paperback)
by B. S. Grewal
Publisher: Khanna Publishers (2006)
The book provides a clear exposition of essential tools of applied mathematics form a modern point of view and meets complete requirements of engineering and computers science students. Every effort has been made to keep the prostration at once simple and lucid. It is written with the firm conviction that a good book is one that can be read with minimum guidance from the instructor. To achieve this, more than the usual number of solved examples, followed by properly graded problems have been given. Many of the examples and problems have been selected from recent papers of various universities and other engineering examination. Basic concepts and General information has been given in the beginning. However, the subject matter has been set in eight main section:
- Algebra & Geometry : solution of equation, linear algebra : Deter-minants, Matrices, Vactors algebra and solid geometry.
- Calculus: Differential Clculus, Partial differentiation, Integral Calculus, Multiple integrals Vector Calculus.
- Differential Equations : Differential equations of first order and their applications, linear differential equations and their applications, Differential equations of different type, series solution of differential equations and special functions, partial differential equations and their applications.
- Complex Analysis: Complex numbers and functions, Calculus of Complex Functions.
- Transforms: Laplace transforms, Fourier Transforms and Z-transforms.
- Numerical Techniques : Empirical Laws and Curve Fitting, Statistical methods, probability and distributions, sampling and inference, Numerical methods, Finite Differences and interpolation, Difference equations numerical solution of ordinary and Parital differential equations, Linear programming.
- Special Topic : Calculus of Variations, Integral equations, Tensors, Discrete Mathematics.